HOME > SUPPORT > FORUMSLog In
Maptech Support
Support Home > Sea Ray Navigator > Forums > Sea Ray Navigator > General Discussion > Transfer of routes between laptop and SeaRay navigator

Sea Ray Navigator: General: General Discussion: Transfer of routes between laptop and SeaRay navigator

Marc Laukien
Original Message
(Posted Feb 29, 2004 7:23 PM)

I would like to install the Maptech navigation software on my laptop, add routes there, and then transfer these routes to the SeaRay navigator. Is this possible somehow, perhaps using the USB bus?

-- Marc

Previous     
Replies 1 - 10 of 16
     Next     

Sort( By Date - Threaded )

Ed Lecuyer
Not at this time
(msg #1: Posted Mar 1, 2004 9:38 AM)

There is no way at this time to create Routes, etc. on a desktop PC and transfer them to Sea Ray Navigator. This is a feature that we are looking to add as we continue to refine and enhance Sea Ray Navigator.

- Ed Lecuyer
Manager, Quality Assurance and Technical Support

William Doll, Jr.
One more vote for this...
(msg #1.1: Posted May 11, 2004 3:47 PM)

I would also love to see this feature. I have the SeaRay navigator and a Raymarine chartplotter onboard. I mostly use the Raymarine unit specifically because I can plan my routes on my home PC and transfer them to my onboard unit. It would be great if we could create routes on our home PC and transfer them to the SeaRay navigator using a USB memory stick. -Bill

Ed Lecuyer
Vote Added *NM*
(msg #1.1.1: Posted May 11, 2004 3:50 PM)

Frank Regan
RE: Not at this time
(msg #1.2: Posted Jun 14, 2004 11:03 AM)

I have my routes on my laptop from an earlier version of Offshore Navigator and would think other users would also appreciate the ability to transfer them to the new SeaRay Navigator system via the USB connection. Will this ability be available and if so how soon?

Ed Lecuyer
Coming soon...
(msg #1.2.1: Posted Jun 15, 2004 9:22 AM)

We are working on a new release of Sea Ray Navigator that will include the ability to backup and restore routes and markers to a USB drive. This should be out in the next 30-60 days.

Once that is done, I imagine that some sort of facility to import and export those data files into Offshore Navigator will follow shortly thereafter.

- Ed Lecuyer

Marc Laukien
RE: Coming soon...
(msg #1.2.1.1: Posted Feb 1, 2005 11:56 AM)

Ed, is a new release of the Sea Ray Navigator with the USB drive capability to transfer waypoints now available? I really would like to use Offshore Navigator to plot routes and transfer them into the navigator.

-- Marc

Ed Lecuyer
Still coming soon...
(msg #1.2.1.1.1: Posted Feb 2, 2005 4:22 PM)

We are putting the final touches on the 2.5 release of Sea Ray Navigator. It does include the ability to backup and restore data to USB thumb drives. However, it is only designed for SRN to SRN backup/restore/transfer. It does not include any facility to take data to and from Offshore Navigator.

At this time, there are no immediate plans to add that capability.

- Ed Lecuyer

Jack Walker
RE: Still coming soon...
(msg #1.2.1.1.1.1: Posted Mar 19, 2005 11:07 PM)

How far are we from receiving release 2.5?
Also, how soon can we access marine facilities alphabetically rather than having to scroll all the way from A to Z?

Ed Lecuyer
Trying to finish it up this week
(msg #1.2.1.1.1.1: Posted Mar 23, 2005 11:50 AM)

Were doing our best to get the 2.5 update finished (out of development) this week. If all goes well, you should be getting your update CD shortly.

2.5 includes a whole new way of dealing with Marine Facilities - you'll be very pleased with the improvements.

- Ed Lecuyer
Manager, Quality Assurance & Release Engineering

Gary Romer
RE: Trying to finish it up this week
(msg #1.2.1.1.1.1: Posted Apr 11, 2005 8:36 PM)

How do I get a copy of the 2.5 update CD

Previous     
Replies 1 - 10 of 16
     Next       

© 1989 - 2014 Maptech, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Maptech ® is a registered trademark of Maptech, Inc.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS