HOME > SUPPORT > FORUMSLog In
Maptech Support
Support Home > Old Forums - Dec. 2003 and Earlier > Forums > Old Forums - Dec. 2003 and Earlier > General Discussion > question about the free online map functionality (MapServer)

Old Forums - Dec. 2003 and Earlier: Old Forums - Dec. 2003 and Earlier: General Discussion: question about the free online map functionality (MapServer)

Old Forum User
Original Message
(Posted Dec 2, 2003 8:50 AM)
thread closed

I have just began using your free online map software. I have created and saved a few maps and placed icons without a problem. However, I can't seem to save an icon so that it's gps coordinates are saved too. Once I place and label an icon, I can no longer get the coordinates for that spot. If I drag the mouse over the icon it stops showing the coordinates in the longitude and latitude boxes. How can I save an icon for a specific gps location so that I can recall that location by picking the icon?

Thanks, Marcus

Previous     
Replies 1 - 1 of 1
     Next     

Old Forum User
The MapServer is a free service
(msg #n/a: Posted Dec 2, 2003 2:25 PM)

We provide the MapServer portion of www.maptech.com as a free service to browse our collection of digitized maps and charts, which we sell on CD-ROM. While there are some features to the MapServer that mimic the desktop software applications that we include with our maps and charts, it is not meant to be a tool to replace them. As such, the MapServer is unable to edit a waypoint by lat/lon. However, this is a basic feature found in all of our navigation products.

Sincerely,

-Ed Lecuyer

Manager, Quality Assurance and Technical Support

Previous     
Replies 1 - 1 of 1
     Next     

© 1989 - 2014 Maptech, Inc., All Rights Reserved. Maptech ® is a registered trademark of Maptech, Inc.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS